Hockey News 2018-2019

vegas0307

Hockey News 2018-2019

Postby vegas0307 » August 26th, 2018, 7:10 am

Good morning, Stalkers, and welcome to our edition of "all things hockey".

I'm starting off today with news of our house goalie: I haven't mentioned him in a while because nothing much was happening. He aged out of junior hockey and finished nearly 3 years of college; the college team made it to the playoffs the first two years, but this year the coach wouldn't play him, nor hardly any of the senior players he had. Landon got the craps of it, since he was basically going to college to be able to play hockey, so he quit after 2 trimesters of his junior year (this past March, when hockey was over). He knows a lot of people in the hockey world through helping his goalie coach do clinics, and he's given private lessons and been the goalie coach for a few scholastic teams, and he got word that a team over in Europe (kind of at the AHL equivalent) wanted to sign him.

He went over on the 6th of August, signed on the 22nd, and played his first pro game on the 23rd. A few milestones: he played his first pro game, got his first pro win, his first pro shutout (9-0), and did his first pro interview! The only bad part (for my daughter and me) is that he's in Slovakia. No, he doesn't speak the language, but he's rooming with a guy from Minnesota, and a few of his teammates (and his coaches) also speak English. He loves the town he's in and the town loves him; he's getting the rock star treatment, especially after that shutout Thursday.

For Grammy (that's me), other than missing him immensely, I'm ecstatic that they're PAYING HIM TO DO WHAT HE LOVES! I'm also happy about the fact that they buy his equipment; maybe now I can work at getting my VISA paid down.

This is what he wanted for the past 15 years, and hopefully this is just a small step on the road to many more milestones. He's livin' the dream! <3

Wrangler#3
Junior Stalker

Re: Hockey News 2018-2019

Postby Wrangler#3 » August 26th, 2018, 8:06 pm

Sounds like a great opportunity for him hope it works out for him!

Any of his games televised over there that we could get feeds of to cheer him on?

vegas0307

Postby vegas0307 » August 27th, 2018, 7:29 am

Wrangler#3 wrote:Sounds like a great opportunity for him hope it works out for him!

Any of his games televised over there that we could get feeds of to cheer him on?

Thanks, Wrangler. As for games being televised, both my daughter and I have sifted through more Slavic internet pages than we ever thought we would, and we still haven't found a way to watch. Luckily, right now they're still in pre-season (I think), so maybe it will be easier once the "real games" start.

If we ever get to watch, I'll post a link.

JRM88

Postby JRM88 » September 9th, 2018, 5:44 pm

:woohoo:

SO EXCITED FOR THE HOUSE GOALIE!! Yes, PLEASE keep us updated!!!!!
<<<TC hops in his new race car - with his Tony Stewart Home Depot 'firesuit' on...

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

vegas0307

Postby vegas0307 » September 10th, 2018, 8:11 am

He Faced-timed us this morning and everything's going well so far. Today he's trying to straighten out his student loan mess long-distance. Either his laptop took a crap or something in Eastern Europe doesn't accommodate his settings or something so that's complicating things. He's finally settled into a team-paid apartment, and has rounded up some friends who speak English to take him shopping for food, to interpret labels and prices and things.

The regular season starts on Wednesday and we still don't know if we'll be able to watch. We could only keep track of the 5 pre-season games via a "betting site" we found, which livestreams the scores only. They must bet A LOT on hockey over there because I found maybe 10 sites from Europe devoted to all kinds of sports betting. Maybe there will be some way to watch when the regular season kicks in.

I'm still missing him like crazy (but not as bad as his Mom - she's hopeless, even though she won't admit it), but he looks so damn happy, that it eases my anguish a little. Fingers crossed for a great season! <3

JRM88

Postby JRM88 » September 17th, 2018, 9:13 am

We are rooting for him!!! Travis was very excited to hear this news!
<<<TC hops in his new race car - with his Tony Stewart Home Depot 'firesuit' on...

vegas0307

Postby vegas0307 » September 30th, 2018, 10:32 am

Hey, Wrangler! I'm unable to respond to your PM, for some reason. I'd prefer to answer your mesage that way. Any suggestions?

(I tried several other names and they worked but yours won't transfer over to the address box.)

JRM88

Postby JRM88 » October 1st, 2018, 6:43 pm

He has it blocked somehow....

PenskeFan
Stalker
How did you find out about racingstalkers.com?: Another Member/word of mouth

Postby PenskeFan » October 31st, 2018, 8:45 am

That's awesome!! Still going good?
Siamo così fregati!

vegas0307

Postby vegas0307 » November 1st, 2018, 6:09 am

PenskeFan wrote:That's awesome!! Still going good?

Yes, Mr. Pen, thank goodness it's still going well. He had a shutout yesterday (6-0) and for some odd reason, the team makes the goalie pay a penalty of 10 Euros for every shutout. :dunno: We were keeping track of the live scoring on that betting site, and I kept yelling at the screen "I'll pay the 10 Euros!" and the kid musta heard me! :crackup:

He lost his American roommate (had to return home for a family emergency) and now has a roomie from British Columbia with him. They're taking an online course on speaking Slovak and he's at least mastered the basics, such as "F U", "So's your mom" and various other endearments so that he can communicate with the opposing teams.

Best news of all - the team bought him a new glove and blocker :twisted: , plus a neckguard, and I didn't have to pay for it!!! (But it's still gonna take me forever to pay down that damn VISA of mine.)

Getting paid to do what you love? PRICELESS. :rok:

vegas0307

Postby vegas0307 » November 1st, 2018, 6:11 am

And in keeping with the original intent of this section of the board -

THE FLYERS TRULY SUCK THIS YEAR. Just sayin'....... :roll:

(There. I'll say it before somebody else does.)

Wrangler#3
Junior Stalker

Postby Wrangler#3 » November 1st, 2018, 2:20 pm

Vegas sorry just now reading this. My email is tohara2@gmail.com if pms dont work?

Flyers suck any year....I fixed it for you

vegas0307

Postby vegas0307 » November 2nd, 2018, 7:47 am

Wrangler#3 wrote:Flyers suck any year....I fixed it for you

It's getting depressing. I figure they've been in a "building year" since about 1976..... :banghead:

BTW, you've got mail. :wave:

JRM88

Postby JRM88 » November 11th, 2018, 7:00 pm

vegas0307 wrote:

Yes, Mr. Pen, thank goodness it's still going well. He had a shutout yesterday (6-0) and for some odd reason, the team makes the goalie pay a penalty of 10 Euros for every shutout. :dunno: We were keeping track of the live scoring on that betting site, and I kept yelling at the screen "I'll pay the 10 Euros!" and the kid musta heard me! :crackup:

He lost his American roommate (had to return home for a family emergency) and now has a roomie from British Columbia with him. They're taking an online course on speaking Slovak and he's at least mastered the basics, such as "F U", "So's your mom" and various other endearments so that he can communicate with the opposing teams.

Best news of all - the team bought him a new glove and blocker :twisted: , plus a neckguard, and I didn't have to pay for it!!! (But it's still gonna take me forever to pay down that damn VISA of mine.)

After a really crappy last couple of days (my sister in law passed away at the age of 50 - have I mentioned F cancer lately :cry: ), seeing this post really made my day!!

Keep up the good work to our resident goalie!!!

vegas0307

Postby vegas0307 » November 12th, 2018, 9:48 am

JRM88 wrote:
vegas0307 wrote:

After a really crappy last couple of days (my sister in law passed away at the age of 50 - have I mentioned F cancer lately :cry: ), seeing this post really made my day!!

Keep up the good work to our resident goalie!!!

Chrissy, I'm so sorry to hear that. If my grandson's European adventures could put a half a smile on your face, I'm glad for that. Prayers and best thoughts for the rest of the family and her friends. And one thing we cannot say enough: Fcancer!

vegas0307

Postby vegas0307 » November 26th, 2018, 7:50 pm

And now in news from other places than Slovakia:

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2538 ... on-hextall

So my daughter and I are FaceTiming (on FaceBook, natch) this morning with the house goalie, and he and I were discussing the Flyers (this hadn't happened yet). I said Hakstol (head coach) would be the first out the door, and no, Landon said, Hextall (GM) would be first out. Could NOT believe this when I saw it. She IM'ed our little goalie and the first words he texted were "CALLED IT!"

I swear that kid gets insider info......

Bring it, Andrew, I'm ready for ya! (SIX to ZERO?????)

PenskeFan
Stalker
How did you find out about racingstalkers.com?: Another Member/word of mouth

Postby PenskeFan » November 27th, 2018, 1:14 am

As always....Fuck Cancer!!!

If the Flyers end up sacking their coach Quenville is of course available. Hawks are horrendous, time to get younger on the blue line and part ways with Keith and Seabrook and their contracts.
Siamo così fregati!

vegas0307

Postby vegas0307 » November 27th, 2018, 9:26 am

PenskeFan wrote:As always....Fuck Cancer!!!

If the Flyers end up sacking their coach Quenville is of course available. Hawks are horrendous, time to get younger on the blue line and part ways with Keith and Seabrook and their contracts.

Quenville? Interesting. It certainly looks like Hakstol is next because it was Hextall who brought him on, and who insisted that the organization give him more time after several losing streaks. And next time, more dissimilar last names would be nice too.

And yes, the Hawks and the Wings and several other teams I always root for are in the dumper early. And I'm pretty sure that one of the signs of the apocalypse is when the SABRES are in first place in the entire league!!! :banghead:

Good to see you, Mr. Pen! :wave:

JRM88

Postby JRM88 » November 27th, 2018, 10:54 pm

Came to check up on the house goalie.....

vegas0307

Postby vegas0307 » November 28th, 2018, 8:29 am

JRM88 wrote:Came to check up on the house goalie.....

He was supposed to play today but suffered a light sprain to his ankle in practice on Monday. He's sitting out until at least Friday. I had occasion to meet with his coach down in West Chester last Wednesday, and he's happy with the way Landon has taken to life in Slovakia. Plus he's happy with the way he's playing. We'll see what happens from here. Fingers crossed. <3

JRM88

Postby JRM88 » November 28th, 2018, 1:40 pm

vegas0307 wrote:
JRM88 wrote:Came to check up on the house goalie.....

He was supposed to play today but suffered a light sprain to his ankle in practice on Monday. He's sitting out until at least Friday. I had occasion to meet with his coach down in West Chester last Wednesday, and he's happy with the way Landon has taken to life in Slovakia. Plus he's happy with the way he's playing. We'll see what happens from here. Fingers crossed. <3

We've all got our fingers crossed as well!!!

<3

vegas0307

Postby vegas0307 » November 28th, 2018, 2:41 pm

Thanks, Miss Chrissy!

As for the Flyers, the beat goes on:

https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2018/11/28/fl ... ant-coach/

vegas0307

Postby vegas0307 » December 17th, 2018, 9:09 am

So has the other shoe dropped? Or just been thrown into a corner?

https://www.broadstreethockey.com/2018/ ... uenneville

For every 10 articles I read saying Hakstol has been fired, I find one like this that says everything's still up in the air. But this source for "all things Flyers", I trust above most others, so I guess that shoe is only over in the corner yet.

What a sh*t show this year has been for my Flyers. :?

vegas0307

Postby vegas0307 » January 1st, 2019, 9:44 am

REMINDER: Winter Classic is today on NBC at 1 PM ET.

Bruins/Blackhawks

Since most peeps I know are rooting for the Bruins, GO, BLACKHAWKS! (In the interest of fairness.) (Besides, in my hierarchy of teams, the Hawks share 3rd place with the Wings.)

vegas0307

Postby vegas0307 » January 2nd, 2019, 8:45 am

vegas0307 wrote:REMINDER: Winter Classic is today on NBC at 1 PM ET.

Bruins/Blackhawks

Since most peeps I know are rooting for the Bruins, GO, BLACKHAWKS! (In the interest of fairness.) (Besides, in my hierarchy of teams, the Hawks share 3rd place with the Wings.)

:annoy: That hurt.

vegas0307

Postby vegas0307 » February 17th, 2019, 8:19 am

In Flyers news, we're gonna see their EIGHTH goalie in net, as they've traded Stolarz to the Oilers in exchange for Cam Talbot. Is EIGHT a record? Not sure. And I'm also not sure how I feel about this.

In additional news, OUR GOALIE IS COMING HOME TONIGHT! He's flying in to JFK late this evening, and oddly enough, he's flying on LOT Polish Airlines. I didn't even know that was a thing. His Slovakian team made it to playoffs but got knocked out in the first round. Then a Slovenian team from an Austrian league was going to pick him up for their playoffs but a goalie with NHL experience turned up and they went with him. Landon's going to see if any ECHL teams need a goalie, even as a backup, just for their playoffs; otherwise he'll be doing private lessons and goalie clinics this summer. For next year, he was told that his Slovakian team would sign him again.

Sure will be nice to have him home, even if it's only a few months.

JRM88

Postby JRM88 » February 18th, 2019, 11:39 am

I bet he is about to get spoiled.....

and, maybe, just maybe, his hometown team should take a look ;)

just a thought <3

vegas0307

Postby vegas0307 » February 19th, 2019, 8:54 am

JRM88 wrote:I bet he is about to get spoiled.....

just a thought <3

He already has some calls in to a few coaches he knows (including the Reading Royals) just to see if they would take a look, or do they need a practice goalie or whatever. And if nothing good happens, he's got private lessons already lined up too. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the good wishes, Chrissy.

JRM88

Postby JRM88 » February 19th, 2019, 9:43 am

vegas0307 wrote:

just a thought <3

He already has some calls in to a few coaches he knows (including the Reading Royals) just to see if they would take a look, or do they need a practice goalie or whatever. And if nothing good happens, he's got private lessons already lined up too. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the good wishes, Chrissy.

You know it ... we consider him "our" goalie, too <3

vegas0307

Postby vegas0307 » February 20th, 2019, 8:16 am

JRM88 wrote:
vegas0307 wrote:

just a thought <3

That's funny - I have some racers under that same situation. <3

JRM88

Postby JRM88 » February 21st, 2019, 12:02 pm

vegas0307 wrote:
JRM88 wrote:
vegas0307 wrote:

just a thought <3

That's funny - I have some racers under that same situation. <3

Indeed!

vegas0307

Postby vegas0307 » February 23rd, 2019, 10:51 am

Just a brief word for the Stadium Series outdoor game scheduled for tonight (on NBC) at 8 PM ET between MY Flyers and the Penguins (but it may or may not happen due to a forecast of rain this evening). Can't wait to see it; I love outdoor games!

(But I already know which team will probably win.....)

JRM88

Postby JRM88 » February 23rd, 2019, 11:56 pm

The refs won that game....

:annoy:

Simmonds should have been gone

And Murray, well.... yeah..... we miss MAF

vegas0307

Postby vegas0307 » February 24th, 2019, 12:35 pm

Evidently I was happier with the outcome than you were. Sorry.

(Helluva game!)

JRM88

Postby JRM88 » February 24th, 2019, 1:42 pm

Not happy at all.... especially the Simmonds thing..... and Murray imploding....

vegas0307

Postby vegas0307 » April 5th, 2019, 7:42 am

I honestly can't wait until my Flyers go golfing this year. It's become very painful to watch one of their games, and there's only one left (Saturday against the 'Canes). I have the fortitude for maybe one more game and then that's it. I turned last night's game off toward the end of the 1st period, when the score was 5-2 Blues. Good grief!

This season soooo needs to be over. :banghead:

JRM88

Postby JRM88 » April 5th, 2019, 1:04 pm

The other side of the state just clinched a playoff spot..... not sure I'm happy with that, either

vegas0307

Postby vegas0307 » April 6th, 2019, 8:00 am

JRM88 wrote:The other side of the state just clinched a playoff spot..... not sure I'm happy with that, either

Well, just wait a minute here: we here on the eastern side of the state are probably a little envious over that feat. Go, Pens (and Blue Jackets and 'Canes and most especially Bolts) !

BTW, neither of my meteor teams made it. In fact they both finished lower than my Flyers. Life is good sometimes. 8)

JRM88

Postby JRM88 » April 7th, 2019, 9:58 pm

vegas0307 wrote:
JRM88 wrote:The other side of the state just clinched a playoff spot..... not sure I'm happy with that, either

Well, just wait a minute here: we here on the eastern side of the state are probably a little envious over that feat. Go, Pens (and Blue Jackets and 'Canes and most especially Bolts) !

BTW, neither of my meteor teams made it. In fact they both finished lower than my Flyers. Life is good sometimes. 8)

LOL

But, yeah, I get the envy....but....

vegas0307

Postby vegas0307 » April 10th, 2019, 3:24 pm

In case someone asks if you know when the playoff games are on for the first round, now you do:

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Tampa Bay Lightning (A1) vs. Columbus Blue Jackets (WC2)

Wednesday, April 10, 7 p.m.: Blue Jackets @ Lightning | USA, SN360, TVA Sports
Friday, April 12, 7 p.m.: Blue Jackets @ Lightning | CNBC, SN360, TVA Sports
Sunday, April 14, 7 p.m.: Lightning @ Blue Jackets | NBCSN, SN360, TVA Sports
Tuesday, April 16, 7 p.m.: Lightning @ Blue Jackets | CNBC, SN360, TVA Sports
*Friday, April 19, TBD: Blue Jackets @ Lightning | TBD
*Sunday, April 21, TBD: Lightning @ Blue Jackets | TBD
*Tuesday, April 23, TBD: Blue Jackets @ Lightning | TBD

Boston Bruins (A2) vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (A3)

Thursday, April 11, 7 p.m.: Maple Leafs @ Bruins | NBCSN, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
Saturday, April 13, 8 p.m.: Maple Leafs @ Bruins | NBC, CBC, TVA Sports
Monday, April 15, 7 p.m.: Bruins @ Maple Leafs | CBC, TVA Sports, NBCSN
Wednesday, April 17, 7 p.m.: Bruins @ Maple Leafs | CBC, TVA Sports, NBCSN
*Friday, April 19, TBD: Maple Leafs @ Bruins | TBD
*Sunday, April 21, TBD: Bruins @ Maple Leafs | TBD
*Tuesday, April 23, TBD: Maple Leafs @ Bruins | TBD

Washington Capitals (M1) vs. Carolina Hurricanes (WC1)

Thursday, April 11, 7:30 p.m.: Hurricanes @ Capitals | USA, SN360, TVA Sports
Saturday, April 13, 3 p.m.: Hurricanes @ Capitals | NBC, SN, TVA Sports
Monday, April 15, 7 p.m.: Capitals @ Hurricanes | CNBC, SN, TVA Sports
Thursday, April 18, 7 p.m.: Capitals @ Hurricanes | SN360, TVA Sports
*Saturday, April 20, TBD: Hurricanes @ Capitals | TBD
*Monday, April 22, TBD: Capitals @ Hurricanes | TBD
*Wednesday, April 24, TBD: Hurricanes @ Capitals | TBD

New York Islanders (M2) vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (M3)

Wednesday, April 10, 7:30 p.m.: Penguins @ Islanders | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports
Friday, April 12, 7:30 p.m.: Penguins @ Islanders | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports
Sunday, April 14, 12 p.m.: Islanders @ Penguins | NBC, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
Tuesday, April 16, 7:30 p.m.: Islanders @ Penguins | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports
*Thursday, April 18, TBD: Penguins @ Islanders | TBD
*Saturday, April 20, TBD: Islanders @ Penguins | TBD
*Monday, April 22, TBD: Penguins @ Islanders | TBD

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Nashville Predators (C1) vs. Dallas Stars (WC2)

Wednesday, April 10, 9:30 p.m.: Stars @ Predators | USA, SN1, TVA Sports
Saturday, April 13, 6 p.m.: Stars @ Predators | CNBC, SN, TVA Sports
Monday, April 15, 9:30 p.m.: Predators @ Stars | NBCSN, SN, TVA Sports
Wednesday, April 17, 8 p.m. Predators @ Stars | USA, SN, TVA Sports
*Saturday, April 20, TBD: Stars @ Predators | TBD
*Monday, April 22, TBD: Predators @ Stars | TBD
*Wednesday, April 24, TBD: Stars @ Predators | TBD

Winnipeg Jets (C2) vs. St. Louis Blues (C3)

Wednesday, April 10, 8 p.m.: Blues @ Jets | SN, TVA Sports, NHL Network
Friday, April 12, 9:30 p.m.: Blues @ Jets | SN, TVA Sports, CNBC
Sunday, April 14, 7:30 p.m.: Jets @ Blues | CNBC, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
Tuesday, April 16, 9:30 p.m.: Jets @ Blues | CNBC, SN, TVA Sports
*Thursday, April 18, TBD: Blues @ Jets | TBD
*Saturday, April 20, TBD: Jets @ Blues | TBD
*Monday, April 22, TBD: Blues @ Jets | TBD

Calgary Flames (P1) vs. Colorado Avalanche (WC1)

Thursday, April 11, 10 p.m.: Avalanche @ Flames | SN, CBC, TVA Sports, NBCSN
Saturday, April 13, 10:30 p.m.: Avalanche @ Flames | SN, CBC, TVA Sports, NBCSN
Monday, April 15, 10 p.m.: Flames @ Avalanche | CNBC, CBC, TVA Sports
Wednesday, April 17, 10 p.m.: Flames @ Avalanche | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports
*Friday, April 19, TBD: Avalanche @ Flames | TBD
*Sunday, April 21, TBD: Flames @ Avalanche | TBD
*Tuesday, April 23, TBD: Avalanche @ Flames | TBD

San Jose Sharks (P2) vs. Vegas Golden Knights (P3)

Wednesday, April 10, 10:30 p.m.: Golden Knights @ Sharks | NBCSN, SN, TVA Sports
Friday, April 12, 10:30 p.m.: Golden Knights @ Sharks | NBCSN, SN360, TVA Sports
Sunday, April 14, 10 p.m.: Sharks @ Golden Knights | NBCSN, SN, SN360, TVA Sports
Tuesday, April 16, 10:30 p.m.: Sharks @ Golden Knights | NBCSN, SN360, TVA Sports
*Thursday, April 18, TBD: Golden Knights @ Sharks | TBD
*Sunday, April 21, TBD: Sharks @ Golden Knights | TBD
*Tuesday, April 23, TBD: Golden Knights @ Sharks | TBD

vegas0307

Postby vegas0307 » April 15th, 2019, 8:20 am

Well, so far, Round 1 has been incredible! I'm fascinated by the fact that "my" Blue Jackets are leading the Lightning (#1 team in the entire league) in their series 3-0. Here's a fun fact for you: in 1975, In the Cup quarter-finals, the Lightning led the Blue Jackets in that series 3-0, but the Blue Jackets came back to win the next 4 games and move on to the next Round, while the Lightning went golfing. BTW, the Jackets were one of only four teams to ever accomplish that feat in a Cup playoff series. Ever. Which way will it go this year? Stay tuned.....

Another fun fact - "Never have I ever" seen such a home ice crowd display as the Blue Jackets arena last night when their boys came home for the third game! Continuous but controlled chaos and noise - a hockey fan's delight! :rok:

Also, how about them Isles??? I'm rooting for them only because, while I like the Pens, I cannot stand little Sidney anymore, and I really don't want to see him take another Cup. GO, ISLES!!! (That series also stands at 3-0, Isles, and the Pens are looking depressed.)

JRM88

Postby JRM88 » April 15th, 2019, 10:03 am

The Pens already have their golf bags packed..... I'm kind of good with this; then I don't have to watch anymore....

LOL

JRM88

Postby JRM88 » April 17th, 2019, 7:03 am

And... done...

Race season shall now commence in full force....

vegas0307

Postby vegas0307 » April 17th, 2019, 7:42 am

JRM88 wrote:And... done...

Race season shall now commence in full force....

:crackup: Go, RACERS!!!

Summing up last night in just 6 little words:

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS!

and

NEW YORK ISLANDERS!

This watching hockey is exhausting.

vegas0307

Postby vegas0307 » April 20th, 2019, 8:47 am

And now the Flames are out? What a weird season.........

On the lighter side, my Flyers have a new coach, in case you hadn't heard or didn't care: Alain Vigneault. Not sure how I feel about this. Oh, well, we can't get too much worse......can we?

JRM88

Postby JRM88 » April 23rd, 2019, 9:47 am

It's still hockey season?

vegas0307

Postby vegas0307 » April 23rd, 2019, 4:02 pm

:crackup:

vegas0307

Postby vegas0307 » April 25th, 2019, 7:48 am

So in case someone asks you if you know the schedule for Round 2 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, here they are:

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Boston Bruins (A2) vs. Columbus Blue Jackets (WC2)
Thursday, April 25, 7 p.m.: Blue Jackets @ Bruins | NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVA Sports
Saturday, April 27, 8 p.m.: Blue Jackets @ Bruins | NBC, CBC, SN, TVA Sports
Tuesday, April 30, 7 p.m.: Bruins @ Blue Jackets | NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVA Sports
Thursday, May 2, 7:30 p.m.: Bruins @ Blue Jackets | NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVA Sports
*Saturday, May 4, 7:15 p.m.: Blue Jackets @ Bruins | NBC, TVA Sports
*Monday, May 6, TBD: Bruins @ Blue Jackets | TBD
*Wednesday, May 8, TBD: Blue Jackets @ Bruins | TBD

New York Islanders (M2) vs. Carolina Hurricanes (WC1)
Friday, April 26, 7 p.m.: Hurricanes @ Islanders | NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVA Sports
Sunday, April 28, 3 p.m.: Hurricanes @ Islanders | NBC, CBC, SN, TVA Sports
Wednesday, May 1, 7 p.m.: Islanders @ Hurricanes | NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVA Sports
Friday, May 3, 7 p.m.: Islanders @ Hurricanes | NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVA Sports
*Sunday, May 5, TBD: Hurricanes @ Islanders | TBD
*Tuesday, May 7, TBD: Islanders @ Hurricanes | TBD
*Wednesday, May 8, TBD: Hurricanes @ Islanders | TBD

WESTERN CONFERENCE

St. Louis Blues (C3) vs. Dallas Stars (WC1)
Thursday, April 25, 9:30 p.m.: Stars @ Blues | NBCSN, SN, TVA Sports
Saturday, April 27, 3 p.m.: Stars @ Blues | NBC, SN, TVA Sports
Monday, April 29, 8 p.m.: Blues @ Stars | NBCSN, SN, TVA Sports
Wednesday, May 1, 9:30 p.m.: Blues @ Stars | NBCSN, SN, TVA Sports
*Friday, May 3, 9:30 p.m.: Stars @ Blues | NBCSN, TVA Sports
*Sunday, May 5, TBD: Blues @ Stars | TBD
*Tuesday, May 7, TBD: Stars @ Blues | TBD

San Jose Sharks (P2) vs. Colorado Avalanche (WC2)
Friday, April 26, 10 p.m.: Avalanche @ Sharks | NBCSN, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
Sunday, April 28, 7:30 p.m.: Avalanche @ Sharks | NBCSN, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
Tuesday, April 30, 10 p.m.: Sharks @ Avalanche | NBCSN, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
Thursday, May 2, 10 p.m.: Sharks @ Avalanche | NBCSN, SN, CBC, TVA Sports
*Saturday, May 4, TBD: Avalanche @ Sharks | TBD
*Monday, May 6, TBD: Sharks @ Avalanche | TBD
*Wednesday, May 8, TBD: Avalanche @ Sharks | TBD

vegas0307

Postby vegas0307 » May 24th, 2019, 8:44 am

Schedule for final 4-7 games for Lord Stanley's Cup:

(All times Eastern)
Game 1: Monday, May 27 at 8 p.m. (Boston)
Game 2: Wednesday, May 29 at 8 p.m. (Boston)
Game 3: Saturday, June 1 at 8 p.m. (St. Louis)
Game 4: Monday, June 3 at 8 p.m. (St. Louis)
*Game 5: Thursday, June 6 at 8 p.m. (Boston)
*Game 6: Sunday, June 9 at 8 p.m. (St. Louis)
*Game 7: Wednesday, June 12 at 8 p.m. (Boston)
*If necessary

Probably, nobody here wonders which team I'm rooting for, but I'm gonna tell you anyway - while I have NOT made the Bruins one of my "meteor teams", I find I can't cheer for a team that has that little jerk-weasel, Brad Marchand, on it. Therefore.....

GO, BLUES!!!

(To all Bruins fans I know - you may realize what generally happens to the hockey teams I root for........ :? )

JRM88

Postby JRM88 » May 28th, 2019, 10:48 am

There's hockey still?