It’s illegal for your governor to order you church closed...now

Current events. Political topics.

Moderators: RacerX, Louie

Louie
Location: America's Most Corrupt County and Fucking Proud of it.

It’s illegal for your governor to order you church closed...now

Postby Louie » May 22nd, 2020, 6:03 pm

Dearest Mr. President, Hero, Leader, Sir,

The Archbishop ordered my Church closed, and that guy doesn’t even have to do what the Pope tells him to do.

You’re ain’t even one link in that chain of command

jus’ sayin’

<3 Louie.
When laws don't apply to people who make them, then people are not being governed, they're being ruled.

RacerX

Re: It’s illegal for your governor to ordered you church closed...now

Postby RacerX » May 22nd, 2020, 8:27 pm

Y'all drink from the same cup.

That's crazy even before the pandemic.
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.

jlb
Psychotic Nut Job

Postby jlb » May 23rd, 2020, 2:11 am

Some of em take big gulps, too.
True character is not shaped from without, or put on; but it is something radiating from within

Man is like a breath; his days are as a passing shadow - Psalm 144:4

Louie

Postby Louie » May 23rd, 2020, 9:46 am

RacerX wrote:Y'all drink from the same cup.

I haven’t since I turned 17 and it wasn’t cool anymore.
When laws don't apply to people who make them, then people are not being governed, they're being ruled.

RacerX

Postby RacerX » May 23rd, 2020, 3:11 pm

Louie wrote:

Back when I was Baptist, we drank from mini-shot glasses. But, each person had one, filled with Welch's grape juice....because..."new wine" in the Bible means "non-alcoholic". :sar: :crackup:
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.

Louie

Postby Louie » May 24th, 2020, 12:56 pm

RacerX wrote:
Louie wrote:

Back when I was Baptist, we drank from mini-shot glasses. But, each person had one, filled with Welch's grape juice....because..."new wine" in the Bible means "non-alcoholic". :sar: :crackup:

Yes, I attended a communion thing in a Baptist Church once. Exactly as you describe it. I know they don’t do it weekly, so, is here a schedule?

We Catholics do it weekly because Jesus said “Do this to remember me”. It’s about the only reason men attend services. Just my fucked up opinion...,.Jesus didn’t say get up too damn early on Sunday, put on uncomfortable clothes, and pay for the pleasure of listing to assorted yackers.

Recently our Homily (the big weekly speech) was a recorded message from the Cardinal wanting money for some worthy. I was like WTF?.....The Homily is the only part of the Mass that varies, the only part that requires being written weekly....the only part that requires any work!

But I digress by a long distance.....we take Communion so seriously that Churches offer it daily at the crack of dawn. Many Catholic politicians are Daily Communicants.

jlb
Psychotic Nut Job

Re: It’s illegal for your governor to order you church closed...now

Postby jlb » May 24th, 2020, 1:22 pm

Jesus never hinted at going to church on Sunday. You guys invented that. Stole the idea from Constantine, for good measure. :D

Christ was all about free will, among many other important principles. So, going to church on Sunday and drinking "grape juice" is fine if that's what floats the boat. Jesus also never officially acknowledged the last four words of the national anthem, e.g., "Gentlemen, start your engines", either.

But there we are and here we go.
True character is not shaped from without, or put on; but it is something radiating from within

mudslinger47
Obsessed Stalker
How did you find out about racingstalkers.com?: Another Member/word of mouth

Postby mudslinger47 » May 24th, 2020, 3:20 pm

I see several smaller Churches opening up here this AM... Next week I expect most of them will...
If your gonna fight, fight like the third monkey on the ramp of the ark, and brother, its starting to rain!!!

mudslinger47
Obsessed Stalker

Postby mudslinger47 » May 24th, 2020, 3:21 pm

jlb wrote:Jesus never hinted at going to church on Sunday. You guys invented that. Stole the idea from Constantine, for good measure. :D

Christ was all about free will, among many other important principles. So, going to church on Sunday and drinking "grape juice" is fine if that's what floats the boat. Jesus also never officially acknowledged the last four words of the national anthem, e.g., "Gentlemen, start your engines", either.

What Jesus did say is a day of rest on the Sabbath, what he didn't do is pick which day it was... It was to sit and reflect on Him...(God)
If your gonna fight, fight like the third monkey on the ramp of the ark, and brother, its starting to rain!!!

RacerX

Postby RacerX » May 24th, 2020, 4:01 pm

Louie wrote:
RacerX wrote:
Louie wrote:

Yes, I attended a communion thing in a Baptist Church once. Exactly as you describe it. I know they don’t do it weekly, so, is here a schedule?

We Catholics do it weekly because Jesus said “Do this to remember me”. It’s about the only reason men attend services. Just my fucked up opinion...,.Jesus didn’t say get up too damn early on Sunday, put on uncomfortable clothes, and pay for the pleasure of listing to assorted yackers.

Recently our Homily (the big weekly speech) was a recorded message from the Cardinal wanting money for some worthy. I was like WTF?.....The Homily is the only part of the Mass that varies, the only part that requires being written weekly....the only part that requires any work!

But I digress by a long distance.....we take Communion so seriously that Churches offer it daily at the crack of dawn. Many Catholic politicians are Daily Communicants.

I'm not Baptist anymore, but, each Baptist Church is autonomous....no directives from a higher church organization, including the SBC (which is merely a loose affiliation of churches, and it's not the only one...there's also the BMA, among others. But not those heathens from Westboro) :bh: There's not a uniform schedule, although everyone I've attended has a schedule. It's usually monthly or quarterly, although I have attended one that had communion weekly.

jlb
Psychotic Nut Job

Postby jlb » May 24th, 2020, 11:32 pm

mudslinger47 wrote:
jlb wrote:Jesus never hinted at going to church on Sunday. You guys invented that. Stole the idea from Constantine, for good measure. :D

What Jesus did say is a day of rest on the Sabbath, what he didn't do is pick which day it was... It was to sit and reflect on Him...(God)

Nah, he picked the seventh day. His Daddy specifically told Moses to write it down as the seventh day. In that document of stone Christians call the 10 Commandments, which every Christian I've ever met swears on a stack of Bibles is the devout and irrefutable Law of God. And I agree with them.

Just sayin.

Now, if good Christian folk want to take the 1st day, or any other day for that matter, as their day of rest, that's none of my business. It's between them and Jesus and His Daddy.

Free will.

Louie

Postby Louie » May 25th, 2020, 10:49 am

I can’t imagine anyone’s salvation hangs on when economic fate allows them a day’s rest.

mudslinger47
Obsessed Stalker

Postby mudslinger47 » May 25th, 2020, 10:53 am

Louie wrote:I can’t imagine anyone’s salvation hangs on when economic fate allows them a day’s rest.

You be correct !

RacerX

Postby RacerX » May 25th, 2020, 12:52 pm

I've looked, and I've never found the passage that says move the Sabbath to Sunday.

I've read and heard narratives of why most Christian denominations hold services on Sunday. They never cite a passage.

Full disclosure: I myself worship on Sunday.

But, like a mandate from God to vote to elect an apostle to replace Judas Iscariot, I've never found it in the Bible.

I need to read my Bible more.

jlb
Psychotic Nut Job

Postby jlb » May 25th, 2020, 1:52 pm

You won't find it. I too have looked, and it's just not there.

btw, Jesus provoked the ire of the Pharisees when he defended his disciples, while walking through a cornfield on the Sabbath, and hungry, they plucked some ears to eat. Pharisees didn't accuse them of stealing either, they accused them of law-breaking by working (reaping) on the Sabbath, which under Old Testament law if deliberate was punishable by death.

Jesus kept the Sabbath, but He also knew that it was supposed to be a day of joy and reflection, not a period of time bound by legalistic, formal rote.

Again, to get back to Louie and Duane's most recent posts, and a point I referenced earlier: free will.