DARLINGTON (Not Farmington) Schedule :)

Moderator: gibbs

gibbs
How did you find out about racingstalkers.com?: Facebook

DARLINGTON (Not Farmington) Schedule :)

Post by gibbs »

DARLINGTON (Cup Playoff Race #1, 16 qualifiers)
Saturday September 5
12:30pm Xfinity Sport Clips Haircuts VFW 200 (147 laps, 200.1 miles) (Stage 1 ends after lap 45, Stage 2 ends after lap 90) (Green Flag 12:45pm) (NBC)

Sunday September 6
2:00pm Truck Series Race (replacement for Canada Truck race) (147 laps, 200.1 miles)(Stage 1 ends after lap 45, Stage 2 ends after lap 90) (Green Flag at 2:18pm) (FS1)
6:00pm Cup Southern 500 (367 laps, 501.3 miles) (Stage 1 ends after lap 115, Stage 2 ends after lap 230) (Green Flag at 6:20pm) (NBCSN)
Race It, Wreck It, Fix It, Repeat

jlb
Psychotic Nut Job
Mood:

Re: Farmington Schedule

Post by jlb »

Nice!

When I saw this thread, my first thought: Where the hell is Farmington, and how long have I been sleeping.

:crackup:
True character is not shaped from without, or put on; but it is something radiating from within

Man is like a breath; his days are as a passing shadow - Psalm 144:4

vegas0307
How did you find out about racingstalkers.com?: Google (search engine)

Post by vegas0307 »

Alright, I'll be the stoop who has to ask. I have no idea about the message behind the message.

jlb
Psychotic Nut Job
Mood:

Post by jlb »

Technically, I asked first, so I'll take the stoop on this one vegas :crackup:
True character is not shaped from without, or put on; but it is something radiating from within

gibbs

Post by gibbs »

Fat Fingers win out! I'll edit

jlb
Psychotic Nut Job
Mood:

Post by jlb »

gibbs wrote:
September 4th, 2020, 10:08 am
Fat Fingers win out! I'll edit

It was epic :rok: :thumb: :D

vegas0307
How did you find out about racingstalkers.com?: Google (search engine)

Re: DARLINGTON (Not Farmington) Schedule :)

Post by vegas0307 »

Erin just won the prize for "Most Amusing Typo Of The Year". :checkered: :flowers: To which all I can say is "XURION!"

I honestly thought jlb had some secret knowledge that the rest of us could only guess at..... :crackup:

Meanwhile, enjoy your Farmington races this weekend.

gibbs

Post by gibbs »

When i edited the post, I had to do it 3 times. My fingers just didn't want to type Darlington! Too funny! Enjoy the races!

RacerX
Mood:

Post by RacerX »

I thought it was referring to the old Flemington Speedway, which was basically a square. Was wondering when NASCAR went back there, because I thought it had been demolished.

Oh well, Southern 500 week, I guess, and NASCAR isn't going to rope me into caring. I'm not hanging around. Have they started painting BLM across the start/finish line yet?
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.

jlb
Psychotic Nut Job
Mood:

Post by jlb »

Flemington Speedway. I remember being in the car when we drove by it, when I was a yute. I think it's a mall now, but not sure.

Gratz to Harvick, and shame on Chase Elliott for taking out the dominant car driven by Truex, Jr. :wave:

Been working on the porch/deck repair, recovering from some termite damage. Got done with yesterday's round and put the race on SiriusXM, listened while burning some junk wood and sipping beers. Went in to the house with 150 or so to go, and watched Stargate reruns, figured Truex was going to be tough to beat. Checked back in around 10:30 pm and heard the beginning of Claire B. Lang's post-race show, and heard that Harvick won.

Space Potato
Stalker

Post by Space Potato »

I think it's time Elliott starts paying back these people who take him out in the closing laps. Truex made a bonehead move, he had a better car and it was only a matter of time to get around Elliott but instead he took them both out. Either Elliott starts to pay it back or he'll get run over every time he's leading late in a race.

jlb
Psychotic Nut Job
Mood:

Post by jlb »

I was just throwing some bling at jrm88, but to me, based on what I saw on replays, and listening to Moody's show yesterday, with the number of laps to go, it was just a racing deal, with the win on the line. Whichever car gets the lead there, most likely wins the race. Truex had to go for it before getting out of the turn, and Elliott didn't lift.

Yesterday being an off news day, I tuned into Moody's show at 3pm, on SiriusXM. A lot of people agree with you SP. A lot of people are pissed at Truex, Jr, too.

Although I did not know this, as I don't listen to those guys hardly at all, save actual race broadcasts, Moody claims to get a lot of calls from people being pissed at MTJ for not being aggressive enough, when it's on the line.

So, no win scenario for him. :D

edit to add

totally unrelated, but I'm kind of enjoying paying attention while not paying attention. I got way to close to this sport, and it ended up disappointing me in the end. Distance and detachment, plus current events in the real world, have made it interesting in a way I never thought possible.

Weird? Maybe.

True? Yep.

:D

Space Potato
Stalker

Post by Space Potato »

As much as I will never route for a HMS driver I do like Elliott as a person. He does show the same class and somewhat easy going demeanor of his father. As for the crash, he had no reason to lift. He was in the high lane and was holding his line. Truex flat out drove in too deep and lost the car, putting both of them in the wall. I have never liked this elimination format because of this type of thing. Unless both of them have two very strong races in the next two races they will be at risk of getting eliminated.

jlb
Psychotic Nut Job
Mood:

Post by jlb »

Agreed. Chase Elliott had no business lifting at that point in the race, and I know this, if I know anything about this sport: There ain't one damn crew chief in that garage that would want a driver to lift in that scenario, because that was the race on the line at that point in time. I'm glad Harvick was good enough to be lucky, but Harvick did not have a race winning car. He may have lost third had that pass not been attempted, or it had succeeded. Those two were definitely the class of the field.

RacerX
Mood:

Post by RacerX »

jlb wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 9:48 am
Flemington Speedway. I remember being in the car when we drove by it, when I was a yute. I think it's a mall now, but not sure.

Gratz to Harvick, and shame on Chase Elliott for taking out the dominant car driven by Truex, Jr. :wave:

Been working on the porch/deck repair, recovering from some termite damage. Got done with yesterday's round and put the race on SiriusXM, listened while burning some junk wood and sipping beers. Went in to the house with 150 or so to go, and watched Stargate reruns, figured Truex was going to be tough to beat. Checked back in around 10:30 pm and heard the beginning of Claire B. Lang's post-race show, and heard that Harvick won.

I drove Flemington in a simulator. Although square, you drove it in a circle. One long, neverending circle.
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.

JRM88
How did you find out about racingstalkers.com?: Another racing-based website
Mood:

Post by JRM88 »

Technically Flemington was a D that drivers drove like a circle. I don't remember much of a difference in that from dirt to asphalt but I'll be honest and say I didn't pay as much attention to that as I should have. It was where Trevor went to his first race at 6 months old - and slept through the dirt modifieds.... and people asked if he was deaf.

As for Truex... stupid move at that point.... enough laps left to make a clean pass instead of, in his words, expecting the other driver to lift (give it a rest Marty - you wouldn't have; we know you wouldn't have - you didn't at Wall, you didn't in the Grand National North series and you sure as hell aren't going to do it now)

And that, as Elmer Fudd would say, is all, folks....
<<<TC hops in his new race car - with his Tony Stewart Home Depot 'firesuit' on...

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

jlb
Psychotic Nut Job
Mood:

Post by jlb »

JRM88 wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 11:47 pm
Technically Flemington was a D that drivers drove like a circle. I don't remember much of a difference in that from dirt to asphalt but I'll be honest and say I didn't pay as much attention to that as I should have. It was where Trevor went to his first race at 6 months old - and slept through the dirt modifieds.... and people asked if he was deaf.

As for Truex... stupid move at that point.... enough laps left to make a clean pass instead of, in his words, expecting the other driver to lift (give it a rest Marty - you wouldn't have; we know you wouldn't have - you didn't at Wall, you didn't in the Grand National North series and you sure as hell aren't going to do it now)

And that, as Elmer Fudd would say, is all, folks....
Chase Elliott knew that if he lifted right there, that was the race. I saw Carl Edwards do the same damn thing to Dale, Jr at Atlanta in 2004. Only difference there was Edwards was a smug douche-bag over why he didn't lift.

The video sucks, but this ended the 8's best shot at a championship, which was 2004. The same year they fined him for the "shit" comment.

Edwards was a douche-bag on this one. He wasn't even in the "playoff" scenario, and this one (not just because it was Jr, but that it was sure did not help) gets to the heart of why I did not, and do not like NASCAR's so-called playoff system. There were only ten in the hunt that year, which left 33 other drivers out there to muck up the system. And Edwards did just that, and it was probably retaliation for some wrong that idiot felt was done upon him by Earnhardt, Jr.

Remember Michigan (I think), when Jr. beat him in the Saturday race? Went and slammed into the side of his car during the cool down, while Jr's arm was outside the window waving at the crowd.

JRM88
Mood:

Post by JRM88 »

Oh, I remember...pretty sure it was on my birthday....

*sigh*

After this weekend, I am second thinking about why we are teaching our drivers to 'do the right thing' on the race track.
<<<TC hops in his new race car - with his Tony Stewart Home Depot 'firesuit' on...

jlb
Psychotic Nut Job
Mood:

Post by jlb »

Just tell them to drive it as though they stole it :D :wink:

JRM88
Mood:

Post by JRM88 »

He was....

and got screwed...

LMAO

RacerX
Mood:

Post by RacerX »

JRM88 wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 8:37 pm

*sigh*

After this weekend, I am second thinking about why we are teaching our drivers to 'do the right thing' on the race track.
I'll just say try nice first. But, if nice doesn't work, the chrome horn is sometimes required.

Cue Kenny Rogers Coward of the County....
Also....see "Roadhouse"

jlb
Psychotic Nut Job
Mood:

Post by jlb »

edit to add

See also Mark Martin. Ted Musgrave. Johnny Benson.

Although, to be fair, I think Ted and Johnny started nutting up when they ran in the Truck Series.

JRM88
Mood:

Post by JRM88 »

RacerX wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 11:06 am
JRM88 wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 8:37 pm

*sigh*

I'll just say try nice first. But, if nice doesn't work, the chrome horn is sometimes required.

Cue Kenny Rogers Coward of the County....
Also....see "Roadhouse"
Good advice....

And, he's used it on occasion.... (Florida over Christmas break a few years comes to mind - a well-timed bumper kept the kid that was doing it to him all weekend out of the A main - Lil Red was already out of contention).... it was his last race of the day... ;)

Turns out - the kid he did it to is the son of a NASCAR official...our friends in the business sent messages congratulating Lil Red on doing it...

That is, however, the exception to our usual rule....

<3