Congrats Darrel 'Bubba' Wallace

Moderator: gibbs

LA Bill
Stalker
How did you find out about racingstalkers.com?: Facebook

Congrats Darrel 'Bubba' Wallace

Post by LA Bill »

Love how his win wound up all the haters.
Drove smart avoided the chaos that is Talladega, and was there when he had to be.
:canada:
JRM88
Obsessed Stalker
How did you find out about racingstalkers.com?: Another racing-based website
Mood:

Re: Congrats Darrel 'Bubba' Wallace

Post by JRM88 »

:woohoo:
<<<TC hops in his new race car - with his Tony Stewart Home Depot 'firesuit' on...

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
jlb
Psychotic Nut Job
Mood:

Post by jlb »

I'll be honest, other than posting the banner on the site after Talladega, I have no idea what the reaction was. I know what mine was when I read it: A mediocre driver accomplished what other mediocre drivers have accomplished: a first win at a plate track.

Good for him, but I do expect (not hope) that his wins will come few and very far between. Time will tell, of course.
RIP EllieMae, April 17, 2007 - November 24, 2021 :cry:
Space Potato
Stalker

Post by Space Potato »

Sadly I have accepted I'm no longer the "target fan" Nascar is looking for and haven't been able to sit through an entire race this year. So I didn't see Bubba's win but I assume it's great for Nascar and allows them to promote this to a whole new fan base. That can only be a good thing for them. I remember Logano's first win was from a rain out and when he won his second race he called it his first real win. I hope Wallace wins another one so that isn't what he's remembered for.
jlb
Psychotic Nut Job
Mood:

Post by jlb »

Space Potato wrote: October 18th, 2021, 1:39 pm Sadly I have accepted I'm no longer the "target fan" Nascar is looking for and haven't been able to sit through an entire race this year. So I didn't see Bubba's win but I assume it's great for Nascar and allows them to promote this to a whole new fan base. That can only be a good thing for them. I remember Logano's first win was from a rain out and when he won his second race he called it his first real win. I hope Wallace wins another one so that isn't what he's remembered for.
Ironically, his next win is all within his control, for the most part, only limited by the depth of his talent pool. But I suspect that he will be remembered more for his "contribution" to bringing NASCAR out of it's racist tendencies, than he will be for his win total, whatever it turns out to be. Interestingly enough, that fan base that you feel you are not a target of, may be the fan base that let loose with the chanting that is now known as "Let's Go Brandon".

It's a funny thing that happens sometimes, when one (a person or an organization), sees an opportunity to capitalize for their own self-interests, and then gets something completely opposite of what they desired.... and then they're stuck with it.

It's sad, but it is also tragically laughable. There is a widespread effort to wipe out the past, all aspects of American culture and history, and anybody that thought (or thinks) that sports is immune from that effort.... ought to reconsider a rethink.
RIP EllieMae, April 17, 2007 - November 24, 2021 :cry:

Return to “NASCAR”