NASCAR: Genius Strategy

Moderator: gibbs

jlb
Psychotic Nut Job
Mood:

NASCAR: Genius Strategy

Post by jlb »

Genius Strategy: NASCAR Tries to Appeal to Everyone but Its Conservative Fan Base

In an effort to expand its appeal, NASCAR has increasingly begun enacting woke, left-wing policies despite the fact that its fan base is overwhelmingly conservative red-staters.

RIP EllieMae, April 17, 2007 - November 24, 2021 :cry:
jlb
Psychotic Nut Job
Mood:

Re: NASCAR: Genius Strategy

Post by jlb »

Ya know, it is not (or was not) just conservatives who love/loved NASCAR.
jlb
Psychotic Nut Job
Mood:

Post by jlb »

A final thought (for this season) on the state of NASCAR, and it comes from a link I posted in Stories, titled Illegal's and Drop-offs.

“Let’s Go, Brandon” originated from an NBC reporter attempting to cover up a “F*** Joe Biden” chant at a NASCAR race by saying the crowd was yelling “Let’s Go, Brandon” to show support for NASCAR driver Brandon Brown.

I take some of my harsh rhetoric aimed at NASCAR back.... something that may end up doing a nation a lot of good originated in NASCAR. Instead of embarrassment, they should embrace, and yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus.... run with it.

Somehow, Santa Claus and NASCAR fit well in the same sentence :crackup:

:rok:
Space Potato
Stalker

Post by Space Potato »

Have you watched any of the Jimmy Johnson interview video's linked to on Jayski's. Most of it is pretty tow the line type stuff but I was surprised just how candid he talked about the drop in audience. He says most teams are operating on a budget roughly half the size they had 6 years ago. Many of the recent rule changes are a reflection of the lack of money teams have. He said since the TV audience has shrunk so much the sponsorship money has dried up as well. Many of the smaller team drivers can't even afford to buy health insurance.

If it keeps going the way it is I can see much smaller fields in the next few years.
jlb
Psychotic Nut Job
Mood:

Post by jlb »

Space Potato wrote: November 12th, 2021, 2:08 pm Have you watched any of the Jimmy Johnson interview video's linked to on Jayski's. Most of it is pretty tow the line type stuff but I was surprised just how candid he talked about the drop in audience. He says most teams are operating on a budget roughly half the size they had 6 years ago. Many of the recent rule changes are a reflection of the lack of money teams have. He said since the TV audience has shrunk so much the sponsorship money has dried up as well. Many of the smaller team drivers can't even afford to buy health insurance.

If it keeps going the way it is I can see much smaller fields in the next few years.

Years and years ago, 17-18 thereabouts, Rush Limbaugh warned about the encroaching politics in the NFL. Why does that appear in a NASCAR thread you may ask?

During one of his shows, he read a private e-mail he got from a well placed person in the NFL, I believe it was a coach that he did not name.... might have been a player.... anyway doesn't matter

it went like this

This is how you ruin a great sport

I know folks don't like politics in a sports section, but dammit, it wasn't me that introduced politics into NASCAR, or any other sport that I once loved, and looked forward to on a weekly and/or seasonal basis. Sooner or later, the question has to be asked: Are we still having fun?

OR

WTF are these people smoking?

:dunno:
RacerX
Addicted Stalker
How did you find out about racingstalkers.com?: Facebook
Mood:

Post by RacerX »

NASCAR has certainly ruined stock car racing.
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.
RacerX
Addicted Stalker
How did you find out about racingstalkers.com?: Facebook
Mood:

Post by RacerX »

RacerX wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 3:29 pm NASCAR has certainly ruined stock car racing.

Next up....what is called Country music these days. Recording industry is woke, and "country" stars are afraid to not toe the woke line.
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.
jlb
Psychotic Nut Job
Mood:

Post by jlb »

I like the strategy employed by.... ooohhh.... Ted Nugent. Kid Rock. :D

Kid Rock did some crossover into country.... wasn't bad. Ted Nugent.... well he's just the right kind of crazy. Always was, long before I paid attention to politics. :crackup:

Return to “NASCAR”