And Your Darlington Winner Is........

Moderator: gibbs

vegas0307
How did you find out about racingstalkers.com?: Google (search engine)

And Your Darlington Winner Is........

Post by vegas0307 »

.........Eric Jones in the 43, driving for King Richard! What a win! And the rest of the race was fairly exciting too. Very enjoyable, I hope you were watching!

Drivers "blowed up", got their Darlington stripe, crashed full into the wall or each other (not that this is the main reason to watch), and caught fire (sorry, Harv, but very glad you got out safely). There were Flashback-style announcers who would step in several times during the race (which gave Jeff Burton's voice a rest, since he gets so "excitable"). And in the end, what a pleasure to see not a same-old/same-old winner but someone who hasn't won much before and looked genuinely happy! And also, he's NOT a Chase driver, which makes this win all the more ironic. :checkered:

Space Potato
Stalker

Re: And Your Darlington Winner Is........

Post by Space Potato »

Glad to see Eric and the King get win number 200 for the 43 car. I have to wonder what those multiple teams with offers out to Kyle Busch thought as the crowd erupted when the engine in the 18 blew. I think we all saw right there why it's so hard to sign a sponsor for him. BUT I'll be the first to go on record, Busch will be in an RCR car next year. Childress has the worst poker face on earth.

vegas0307

Post by vegas0307 »

Space Potato wrote: September 5th, 2022, 11:14 am BUT I'll be the first to go on record, Busch will be in an RCR car next year. Childress has the worst poker face on earth.
I heard Kaulig next year when he goes full-time. We'll find out in a few weeks, I guess. Wherever he ends up, I'll be cheering for him. (Diss me for this if you want, I don't care.)

JRM88
Obsessed Stalker
How did you find out about racingstalkers.com?: Another racing-based website
Mood:

Post by JRM88 »

Good call on the RCR thing with Kyle

And, the crowd erupted in raucous laughter - not sure what it sounded like on TV....but I know what it was in the stands we were in....(yep, we did it, too..... not a fan..... )
<<<TC hops in his new race car - with his Tony Stewart Home Depot 'firesuit' on...

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Space Potato
Stalker

Post by Space Potato »

I guess what impressed me about the RCR thing is it makes me believe Childress has gotten away from running a team so his grandkids had a place to race. I think Reddick rekindled the desire to be a winning team again. It appeared he'd lost sight of that the last several seasons.

vegas0307

Post by vegas0307 »

Space Potato wrote: September 20th, 2022, 10:05 am I guess what impressed me about the RCR thing is it makes me believe Childress has gotten away from running a team so his grandkids had a place to race. I think Reddick rekindled the desire to be a winning team again. It appeared he'd lost sight of that the last several seasons.
I agree with all that you said, young man! Unfortunately, the way he started out not correcting the bad behavior he saw in "Baby Gibbs" over in trucks and XFin doesn't leave me with complete hope for that organization's future. Hope (mostly for Kyle Busch's sake) that I'm wrong. :dunno: