September 2022...

LA Bill
Stalker
How did you find out about racingstalkers.com?: Facebook

September 2022...

Post by LA Bill »

Will mark the death of Western Canada's Oldest Track founded in 1954
When the Tracks owners widow passed it was in her will that the land be sold.
(I'm personally disappointed it wasn't designated a Historic/heritage site, as a lot of Canadian driver came from here who were the first Canadians to have Firsts in North American Motor Sports Indy/NASCAR)

Future of Western Speedway

Langford's Western Speedway up for sale, but mayor wants racing to continue at site

Facebook Page
Enthusiasts for the Preservation of Western Speedway
A friend of mines post and long time racer there.
Thank u to everyone that has supported western speedway from the owners Mr Cotton. Mr Willy. to the present promoter Darly and his staff and the race fans My grandpa help build this place in the fiftys this my home it's all I know is racing. it was my first job as a kid making $3.65 ahour thanks to Reg midgley and I wouldnt trade it for the world. means alot to me and my family. the day they start taking it down is the day a piece of me dies . met a lot of good people and raced against some great drivers we have aleast 2 years to make the most of it let's show the new owner what western speedway means to Victoria and Langford it is Langford. Thank You from the Haslam's .SEE AT THE TRACK 🏁🏁🏁
:canada:
vegas0307
How did you find out about racingstalkers.com?: Google (search engine)

Re: September 2022...

Post by vegas0307 »

That's a heartbreaker, Bill. I hate to see so many older tracks lost like that.

Some years ago, the old Reading (Pa.) Fairgrounds Race Track (and indeed all the fairgrounds property) was torn down to build a mall. In the last few months, the mall is mostly being torn down, and there have been quite a few letters to the editor in the newspaper saying "Why don't they build a race track?"
Obsessed Stalker
How did you find out about racingstalkers.com?: Another racing-based website
Mood:

Re: September 2022...

Post by JRM88 »

:(
<<<TC hops in his new race car - with his Tony Stewart Home Depot 'firesuit' on...

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Return to “Local Tracks”