2021-2022 HOCKEY!

vegas0307
How did you find out about racingstalkers.com?: Google (search engine)

2021-2022 HOCKEY!

Post by vegas0307 »

Just a reminder: Expansion Draft for the Kraken is tomorrow. With Cary Price being cut loose, I can't wait to see what goalies they end up with. Smart money is on Braden Holtby (Canucks) and Chris Driedger (Panthers). (I've read that Driedger is already signed.) Also, Cary Price (!!!) was cut loose from the Habs and he'd be the strongest pick of all, but he's going to need surgery very soon and will miss most of the 2021-2022 season. Personally, I'd prefer Holtby anyway; one of my favorites. We saw him when he was with the Hershey Bears (local AHL team) and followed him since then.

What an interesting time of year! 8)
Stalker
How did you find out about racingstalkers.com?: Facebook

Re: 2021-2022 HOCKEY!

Post by LA Bill »

vegas0307 wrote: July 20th, 2021, 10:03 am Just a reminder: Expansion Draft for the Kraken is tomorrow. With Cary Price being cut loose, I can't wait to see what goalies they end up with. Smart money is on Braden Holtby (Canucks) and Chris Driedger (Panthers). (I've read that Driedger is already signed.) Also, Cary Price (!!!) was cut loose from the Habs and he'd be the strongest pick of all, but he's going to need surgery very soon and will miss most of the 2021-2022 season. Personally, I'd prefer Holtby anyway; one of my favorites. We saw him when he was with the Hershey Bears (local AHL team) and followed him since then.

What an interesting time of year! 8)
TSN had a report that the Kraken are not pursuing Price. (Big Contract and injury history?).
:canada:
vegas0307

Post by vegas0307 »

Smart money would have lost on Braden Holtby. And the reason for passing over Price was explained very briefly last night (you read correctly, Bill - big contract and injury). Many of the names that were chosen from the various teams, I wasn't familiar with, and I'm glad I wasn't too familiar with the Flyers name. I expected to hear either Jake Voracek or JVR (my grandson has occasionally played pickup hockey with JVR and his brothers down in Philly), but instead, heard Carsen Twarynski, which doesn't put too much of a dent in our roster. In fact most of the names picked for the Kraken seemed to be younger guys with possible potential and not too many "proven" stars. JMO. Of the goalies picked, two of the three chosen blew me away: Chris Driedger (Panthers; I'm pretty sure he was already signed before the Expansion Draft), Joey Daccord (Senators), and Vitek Vanecek (Capitals). Vanecek is the lowest signed in the money department so I'm guessing he's more of a practice goalie and will only back up in case of injury to one of the others. But Driedger as the main starter? I dunno...... But then nobody was sure about Fleury when the Golden Knights picked him as their starter either, were they?

I'll be watching the Kraken and cheering them on (as I do almost every team except my two "meteor teams"). But the only dark spot on the Kraken's horizon is the Head Coach. Fans in Philly are still asking "Didn't we fire Hakstol yet???" :crackup:

Post by vegas0307 »

Last night marked the return of regular season hockey, and true to form, I was cheering for the Bolts, and the Pens won 6-2. Then after that, I was 100% behind the Kraken, and the Golden Knights won, 4-3. Evidently, I'm still as good at picking hockey winners as I am at picking NASCAR Cup for Fantasy Leagues! I apologize, and if you want, I'll promise to never, ever root for your team again. :shock:

Return to “Hockey”