Choose the red pill
JRM88
Obsessed Stalker
How did you find out about racingstalkers.com?: Another racing-based website
Mood:

Re: John Madden

Post by JRM88 »

:(
<<<TC hops in his new race car - with his Tony Stewart Home Depot 'firesuit' on...

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
jlb
Psychotic Nut Job
Mood:

Post by jlb »

Delving off topic a bit I s'pose. Mainstay fixtures in my life have died, in recent times. Eddie Van Halen. Rush Limbaugh. Don Shula. Dale Earnhardt died twenty-one years ago. Our erstwhile son-in-law almost died in December, from fire ant bites. Came within a literal few minutes. And of course Ellie Mae, a dog that was much more than a pet to me, and us.

The NFL died. NASCAR died.

A lot of things died.

Madden was one of them, he was such a fixture in my childhood. When the NFL was the sport that I loved.

I have definitely reached that point where life takes more than it gives.
Choose the red pill
JRM88
Obsessed Stalker
How did you find out about racingstalkers.com?: Another racing-based website
Mood:

Post by JRM88 »

It's a very sucky time, for sure....

4 years ago this April I had my 'moment'...and so some of these things that previously would have pulled me into a dark abyss are now grieved and put in memory banks and moved forward from.... that sounds like I think it is trivial...I don't....

Maybe I'm off track a bit...but a story....

Last year, when we were having school from home, I got to share a lot of things with my students that never would have happened 'in' the building....my crazy dogs were a big part of that....they would 'fight' to be at my feet while I was teaching; they would bark when the local rock quarry would blast; they would jump up and put their faces in the camera....in general, they were pesky little kids. I teach Juniors and Seniors so, this year, I have many of those Juniors as Seniors. We do a 'getting to know you' thing - Charlotte, who passed away this summer, is still on my collage... and when I tell my students that she passed - many of them start crying. They didn't 'know' her....but they did. And every time it happens, I reflect on how the passing of a 'celebrity' affects.... and I try to remember that it's because somewhere they made us 'feel good'....

Now that this whole thing doesn't really make any sense...I'm still posting it....
<<<TC hops in his new race car - with his Tony Stewart Home Depot 'firesuit' on...

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Return to “Football”