First day of Spring

If you have an activity or hobby that involves a lot of time outdoors, this is the place for you.
mizz jlb
The PNJ's Spousal Unit
How did you find out about racingstalkers.com?: Another Member/word of mouth

First day of Spring

Post by mizz jlb »

Gardening is right behind! Very excited to plan and put together our gardens this year!
WASH YOUR HANDS! KILL A GERM, SAVE A LIFE!
JRM88
Obsessed Stalker
How did you find out about racingstalkers.com?: Another racing-based website
Mood:

Re: First day of Spring

Post by JRM88 »

I keep hoping to do some kind of garden here....but our yard gets so wet it may be impossible (unless we want to plant rice or cranberries - LOL)....

Actually, hoping to do a raised garden bed by next spring.....
<<<TC hops in his new race car - with his Tony Stewart Home Depot 'firesuit' on...

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
jlb
Psychotic Nut Job
Mood:

Post by jlb »

It was a beautiful weekend here. Beats last Easter (which fell two weeks later), when we had to deal with tornados.

Btw, you guys ever seen a male guinea go Nazi on a male duck?

I almost ran the mower into my mimosa tree, laughing so damn hard. That duck was moving faster than nature intended. My spousal unit was throwing some feed, and when the feed hits the ground, one of our male guineas decides it's time to crack open it's inner Himmler. The wife tries to lecture it, but to no avail....

:crackup:
Choose the red pill
JRM88
Obsessed Stalker
Mood:

Post by JRM88 »

:lol:

Must have been some sight!

We had a beautiful Easter Sunday ... first time for in-person church for us in a year (and last time until November now that racing season starts this coming weekend).

Didn't do any gardening but, while I cooked, the race team worked on cars, put new junk down on the tow vehicle's roof so we can stay dry (1991...not too bad for it's age....) and I did some laundry to hang out (because my dryer STILL isn't fixed)...
<<<TC hops in his new race car - with his Tony Stewart Home Depot 'firesuit' on...

mizz jlb
The PNJ's Spousal Unit

Post by mizz jlb »

I get so much enjoyment watching the fowl! I don't like it when they pick on each other so I throw things at the mean ones - doesn't usually work but makes me feel better! We are currently getting 6-9 eggs every day, definitely a record since we started keeping chickens. I decided to make egg salad with duck eggs (for some reason it seems to be natural to eat egg salad after Easter). One thing I learned, 10 duck eggs make ALOT of egg salad -
JRM88
Obsessed Stalker
Mood:

Post by JRM88 »

Not sure I have ever had a duck egg..... goose eggs - and those suckers are HUGE

We have one chicken - she adopted us going on 5 or 6 years ago now.... she lays eggs for about a month every spring (which reminds me, the kids need to start looking) - last year she laid them in the cabinet under our grill.... lol

mizz jlb
The PNJ's Spousal Unit

Post by mizz jlb »

Nothing like a "real" Easter egg hunt! I am glad most of ours lay in their boxes - much easier to find. I don't think duck eggs taste any different than chicken eggs - just bigger
JRM88
Obsessed Stalker
Mood:

Post by JRM88 »

I think the same about geese eggs

Bojangles has free range of our yard - heck, if she wanted to, she could leave.... but once she arrived all those years back, she never goes beyond our property line....it's very strange. And she 'roosts' wherever the fancy strikes her...

mizz jlb
The PNJ's Spousal Unit

Post by mizz jlb »

The weather is warming up and it will be time to plant soon! Last year the grandkids were here to help, they were really helpful and I will miss them this year. I am busy getting the food we still have from last year eaten up - we still have corn, bell peppers, lots of jams and pickles - I am saving the last 2 jars of green beans for when the kids get here. They were here from planting to harvest to processing for everything so it will be fun to share the fruits of their labor when they arrive.

Return to “Outdoors”